Thursday, March 15, 2007
So...I want to be a Teacher???
Ok...I really, really want to be a teacher. But, for some strange reason I've kinda been dragging my feet on getting the remaining paperwork taken care of. I know...I've wanted this for so long and now that I'm so close I feel like I'm all scared and confused again. I believe being a teacher is what God has planned for my life, I guess I'm just scared. You know me...afraid of change. Anyway, what I'd really like to do is teach English or Speech (or both) for a year or two and then become a school librarian. I love literature and would love to have a way to share that with the young people of today. I know I have a unique perspective. Not to offend, but I believe that teachers who have only ever been teachers lose some of the aspects of the "other" world. I hestitated when typing other because it is hard to explain what I mean. Some teachers I know, well...most teachers I know complain about having to stay at school until 3:30...whoa...sometimes I have to stay at work until 9 or 10! I mean, as a teacher, at the end of the day (even if it has been a long one) you still get to go home and feel as if you've done something. At the end of the day, I get to go home and know that what I've done hasn't made any impact in the world. Okay, so the bank statements got balanced...so what? Even if just one of my students has one of those "ah-ha" moments, gosh....it'll all be worth it. I guess what I'm saying is that I want a job, nay, career that has some intrinsic value. It would have been so much easier to have decided to become a teacher while I was drinking my college years (and student loans) away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment